About Stellaluna Events
Stellaluna Events was born out of a passion for creating fulfilling experiences. We don't believe weddings are about choosing certain decor just because its trendy or overspending just to impress your guests. Your wedding or event should be about gathering a group of your favorite people together to celebrate. It's about creating a meaningful memory.
The Stellaluna couple chooses soft seating for their wedding not because it will make great photos, but because it will make their guests comfortable and encourage meaningful conversation. They can't wait for the band to play the perfect ‘get up and dance song’ and doesn't worry over whether the candlesticks are gold versus bronze.
We love couples who throw out tradition. Let us encourage you to do it differently.
Owner & Lead Planner
Hannah has a love for planning and organizing that has carried on throughout her life. In college she dipped her toe into the wedding industry and knew it was the path for her. She has a passion for bringing all the details of a wedding together and creating the perfect day. She gets joy out of being able to provide support to her couples so they can enjoy their day as well as help elevate the guest experience.
When she's not building timelines and executing weddings, you will find her chasing her toddler around, biking, running, or basically doing anything outdoors and active. She resides in Grand Rapids, MI with her husband and toddler, Lewis, whom she loves spending time with.
- Favorite wedding song: Shout - The Isley Brothers (Always brings the people out)!
- Best moment at a wedding: When the couple see each other for the first time. It is such a sweet and special moment that is never forgotten
- Beverage of choice: Rosé
- Bucket list: Bungee Jumping in Australia
- Favorite wedding song: Mr. Brightside
- Best moment at a wedding: When the bride walks down the aisle - the anticipation!
- Beverage of choice: Gin Gimlet, always
- Bucket list: Visit Santorini, Greece
Shelby has always had a love for finding unique ways to be creative and that translated perfectly into the world of weddings. After designing her first wedding she was hooked! She found it very fun learning about each couple and finding creative ways to incorporate who they are into their special day. Fun fact: Shelby's wedding was zero waste! Shelby and her husband try to be as sustainable and environmentally conscious as possible in their day to day. That was a big way they were able to incorporate who they were into their wedding.
In Shelby's free time, she stays busy with toddler twins June and Millie. She loves getting outside, hiking, biking, going up north and traveling around with her husband Jonathan and her girls. When she can find the time, she loves watercolor painting.
- Favorite wedding song: Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond - love a good sing along towards the end of the night.
- Best moment at a wedding: Couple walking down the aisle together after the nuptials. The excitement is tangible!
- Beverage of choice: Mezcal Paloma
- Bucket list: Go to all the US National Parks
Maggie first started her education in event planning at Grand Valley State University in 2019 in the Hospitality and Tourism Management program. Her love for weddings first sparked when she worked her first wedding at a country club. Watching the love spread through the room as the bride made her way down the aisle. Her interest only grew from there to then taking an internship with a local Grand Rapids catering company where she learned more about event planning from a vendor perspective.
When it comes to weddings, she is very detail oriented and looks to make the moments perfect. She wants every bride to have the sweetest experience through the whole process.
In her free time she likes to go hiking near the Lakeshore, set up a hammock, and relax with a good book. She also enjoys a nice night out with friends or family.
- Favorite wedding song: Until I Found You - Stephen SanChez
- Best moment at a wedding: Hearing speeches of the loved ones, so many fond memories are revisited.
- Beverage of choice: Lavender Margarita
- Bucket list: Swimming with humpback whales in Tonga
- Favorite wedding song: September by Earth, Wind and Fire
- Best moment at a wedding: When the couple can breathe relief after the ceremony, the hard part is over, it's time to PARTY!
- Beverage of choice: Black Iced Coffee is my JAM, but I will never turn down a Margarita
- Bucket list: Visit every Disney Park in the World!
- Favorite wedding song: Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston
- Best moment at a wedding: The way a couple looks at each other during their first dance.
- Beverage of choice: Green Tea with Lemon and Honey
- Bucket list: Be a contestant on a TV game show
- Favorite wedding song: Man! I feel like a Women by Shania Twain
- Best moment at a wedding: Watching everyone rush to the dance floor for the first song.
- Beverage of choice: Wine Slushies (even in the winter)
- Bucket list: Pet some sheep in Scotland
- Favorite wedding song: You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Best moment at a wedding: The couple's very first moment as husband and wife walking back down the aisle
- Beverage of choice: Iced Coffee or Gin & Tonic
- Bucket list: Staying in an igloo hotel looking up at the Northern lights
- Favorite wedding song: You Are The Reason
- Best moment at a wedding: Vows
- Beverage of choice: Pina Colada
- Bucket list: Skydiving and Traveling to the Maldives
"Working with Stellaluna Events was an absolute DREAM. Their whole staff from booking a consultation to the execution of the day was everything I could have hoped for and more. The Stellaluna team was so proactive and communicative that the day went out without a hitch. I felt informed of what was needed from me, by when, what decisions I needed to make, and what the suggestions were. They took my vision and brought it to life. I am forever grateful and HIGHLY recommend them. Happiest day of my life and so grateful Stellaluna helped create that for us."
– Lauren, Stellaluna Bride 2022